Sunday, July 23, 2006

You Won't Ever Be Lonely

And I'm sitting out on the bench and my jeans are smelling like chlorine. My shirt is dripping. My hair is drying, and it's lopsided, my cow lick accented nicely. And to be honest with you, I put my shoes far away on purpose.
You put it in the best way possible. I heard myself thinking, and you were too. There was something between us that shouldn't have.
It felt so right. I was just waiting.
I couldn't feel anything except the thoughts of how I wish you would just go for it. I was reading you exactly how you were; and I didn't even know it.
It seemed right, and I wanted it to be.
But we both knew that it wasn't.
...
And it's too bad you just happen to be every other guy. I put you up on a pedalstool, and what a mistake.
I hung on every little thing.
It's too bad that you're just every other guy.
"Tell me something."
ANd what is that you want me to tell you?
That you're everything I want?
No.
No no.
I don't trust you to fall back on.
I promise, it seems, you won't ever be lonely.
I thought that I never wanted anything in your vision. I never wanted you in my vision. I thought that knowing what you were thinking was my problem. I figured you out, and still, why is it so...
...And I was thinking, and I got terribly mad, and you called, and I still was, and you tried to feed me something delicious, and I took it.
I could never tell the real thing from the splenda.
And I'll never know if you meant it or if you just said it.

I think I may give up on the whole, you know, you thing.
It seems the smartest of things.
hah.
YOu're entirely too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home