Monday, July 03, 2006

"That Ain't No Way To Go"

I haven't really done a lot of thinking lately. Throwing myself into work really keeps my mind off things. "Things". I don't know why I refer to you as "thing".
I do have this Wednesday off. I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing with myself.
But never fear: if I cannot work, I shall sleep.
It's the only guaranteed way I can't rationally think it all over, at any rate.
My dreams haven't been taunting me lately.
I wish you could tell me what you were thinking lately.
Lately, I'd readily tell you what I was thinking.
I'm being honest.
Would you like to think about five years from now? Or ten? How about twenty?
Oh, how the time will fly by too fast.
Don't raise up hell.

And tomorrow: new pay roll. I have a nice check waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home