Thursday, August 13, 2009

My One

Months of confusion
I've tried to avoid any contusions
I can't close my eyes any longer
I hear your voice every night and I'm not getting any stronger
The things you said float in and out of my memory
The way you laugh could satisfy me for centuries
But you have gone away; but you have promised to stay; and there isn't anything left to say.
You consume my memory, my dreams, my sky.
You are everywhere even when you forget to try.
And you're gone, but I'm not going to cry.
Months of confusion, I can't avoid these contusions.
I could be without anything, but I couldn't be without you.
I can wipe away the tears from your eyes
I don't hold on to you saying goodbye
After all these months of confusion
I'm going to heal from these contusions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home