Monday, December 19, 2005

Translating

UPS rang the bell, the brown box was on the porch. I opened it, and it doesn't matter what was in it but the name that was on it.

I'll bend to your will. And I've taken a lot of things for granted while glorifying the Infatuation, the Us.
My eyes float, they don't wander because 'wandering' makes me feel guilty, and I see things that interest me. I'm not going to ask permission.
Okay, so your voice over the phone doesn't tell me much. Your words don't tell my anything.
My words don't tell you anything. I don't want my words to tell you anything because yours don't give me anything either, and I'm childish and stubborn and if I'm going to go under like this, I'm taking you too.
But I'm not going under. Then what am I doing to you? Does this classify me as 'evil'? "Purely high school." No, I'm not evil, we're just typical, bottled, expected. This was inevitable, if you get on the outside and look in. Which is always a clearer view.
Not that this is breaking news. Not like we are either. Not like we're a big mark on the tragically broken hearted map.
Not like we're different. Romeo and Juliet? Not like this hasn't happened before. Gatsby and Daisy?
This isnt a push-over. Should it be?
I'm not confused. I mean, is there a word for beyond that? And naive? And bitter? All in one? I'm sure there is, my vocabulary is just short.
But I've gotten so off, talking about greedy love and now vocabulary.

1 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

hmmm, how about atrabiliously discombobulated. : )

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home