Wednesday, November 23, 2005

…Because I Can Just Hang Up The Phone When It Starts To Hurt

I guess people say things, maybe not out of spite, but in this sort of case, I’m thinking you’re saying things like this just to talk. Is it because you and him have nothing else to talk about? Is this your way of ‘spicing things up’? Is this your way of taking a knife to my unguarded insides (because why would I need to hide them from you?) and slaughtering them? Because we both know that this sort of talk stirs up trouble with the talkers that blow the words out of proportion.
Is it because, maybe, you are an evil person on the inside? Well, don’t worry, because I don’t even believe that.
I guess this is just another lesson learned that talking aloud isn’t the brightest of things to do. I should’ve figured this out, and I thought I did, I just thought you were a person to be trusted. I’m not surprised though, if it makes you feel any better. I had no expectations.
It’s pretty hard for me to daydream. It’s pretty easy to watch you do it. It’s pretty sad to know that sometime you’ll just be like me, knowing that you can’t have the innocent things like daydreams. I’m not going to corrupt your whimsical ways, because you deserve to keep hold of them as long as you can.
And when you come, and cry about all the things he said, I’ll pat your back, sure thing, but I will let you know that you should’ve watched me closer.
I know that you have faith in yourself and the relationship you dream about. I think you put yourself down as a façade of false insecurity. You’ve got your doubts; but if you didn’t believe it, why would you be dreaming it?
But until you understand what it is that I am saying you’ll keep saying unintentional spiteful things and I’ll silently take it, because I can just hang up the phone when it starts to hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home