Monday, May 30, 2005

Every Single Letter

She sat with a wet napkin and waited until they were done with their "Biter Biscuits" to wipe their face.
I saw her sitting there in her dark skirt and green t-shirt. She picked the cereal off the floor and handed it back.
And I knew what she was thinking. She kissed the forehead of the little girl and they both laughed and the little girl moved around in her exersaucer.
She glanced at the clock remembering how they said they would be home by seven o' clock.
Her eyes suddenly grew sad, listening to the twins eating and humming and laughing. Her eyes looked past the clock for a long while, remembering how she should be doing this 24-7.
The whole world stops for her when she remembers. But the problem with this is that she's always remembering, so she's always at a stand-still.


"I realized I have nothing but you"
You have nothing but me....I am your hopes and I am your dreams.
It seems so very delicate, 'having nothing but me'.
So foursquare, so lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home