Friday, March 25, 2005

I wish I could fly on the wings of the wind
Far away from this sort of life.
I wish I could soar through the clouds
Like Icarus on his daring escape.
But how will I keep my wings from melting?

I will make my wings out of pen and paper,
Careful to imitate those made by the Creator.
I will make my wings with much imagination
And people will look at them with wonder at my creation.

I wish I could fly, not like a bird, but like a breeze.
I want to flutter much, much closer to destiny.
I wish I had the wings of a beautiful Pegasus,
Wings of wonder, wings of grace, wings of strength.
I want to have wings as colorful as a butterfly's,
But how will I keep my wings from tearing?

I will make my wings out of love and admiration
And keep them close to my heart with little complication.
I will make my wings out of canvas and paint.
They will be glorious, magnificent, and great.

I wish I could fly on the wings of the wind
Far, far away from this kind of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home